Thursday, November 7, 2013

No. More. Excuses!!!

  This morning my alarm went off at 5am, as it does most mornings, and I sent a text to my work out partner asking if she wanted to go to the gym. We went back and forth with maybe, do you, I dont know...finally, she said "let’s go". So we went!! Why do I hate going yet love it when I do. Why do I try to come up with any excuse possible to not go do what I must do to start this lifestyle change. I know that I am not alone. So many of us struggle with our weight and making the decision to lose it easy, doing something about it, not so easy. I hate being fat. I hate the clothes I am forced to wear. I hate the mirrors in my house. I hate the reflection of myself in the elevators and windows where I work. OK, maybe not hate. That’s a really strong word, but I really, really really don’t like it, yet I continue to eat high fat, high calorie foods, sit on my butt and gain weight. Not anymore!! I am tired of being tired. I am tired of making excuses. I am tired of being the person that I am not supposed to be!!

Here is a brief bio on me. I never struggled with weight. I was a 145lbs all through high school. I thought I was fat, haha, but I wasn’t. I was the ideal weight for my height. In 1989 I met a guy, married him a month later, and moved away from home. (That’s a whole other blog in itself!!LOL) I moved far away, like all the way to Florida away. I knew no one, I had no family or friends nearby and I was suddenly forced to prepare my own meals. Well, we ate meals at all times of the night (he was in the military and got home late most nights), we had high fat foods and lots of soda. I had no routine and that year I put on 50lbs. In the years to come I would gain another 50lbs and increase 5 pants sizes. In 2009 I made the decision to have weight loss surgery (WLS). I went with the Lapband and I just knew that this was going to be the answer to my weight loss. Well, 4 years later, I had lost 20lbs and was miserable due to a few complications. I had the band removed in 2013 and within 2 months put on 25lbs. Today, 11/7/13, at 264lbs, I weigh more than I ever have. I own 3 pairs of pants that I rotate out weekly and I am becoming someone I don’t even recognize anymore!

Today, 11/7/13, I am making the decision to not gain another pound. I am making the decision to do what I know has to be done to do to get this weight off. I know that it will not happen overnight (oh how I wish it would)and it will not happen in a month, but over the next few weeks, next few months the next few years, I plan on making healthier decisions. Being more active. Living life to its fullest. It will not be easy. I know this. I am a realist (most days) and I will make bad choices on occasion. What will be different is it will not be a daily thing. I will not ruin an entire day because of one bad meal. I use to use that old excuse, I already ruined my diet for the day so let’s go all out!! No more. That excuse is out the window!! I am making the commitment to exercise every day. Whether that is going to the gym, walking in the neighborhood, playing outside with my son. I will be active every day of the week. if its just 30 minutes, I will do something!! I am making the commitment to eat better and make smarter choices. I am starting Weight Watchers next week and look forward to sharing this journey with others that are on the same path as me. I am making the commitment to living life. The commitment to living MY life, to its fullest, to being what and WHO God intended me to be and enjoying every minute that I have.

I ask that you pray for me and for all those that are struggling with weight. We don’t want to be fat. We don’t want to be thin. We want to be healthy. I need to be healthy, for myself, for my husband and for my child. For my friends and family that count on me and need me. I want to live life and enjoy the years I have left on this earth. I start this journey today and I hope that you will start with me. No more excuses!! I can and will do this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment