Thursday, April 4, 2013

Chocolate for breakfast? Why not!!

What better way to start my first blog than writing about a great weekend with family and friends.  Easter has always been and I pray will always be a great tradition in our family. From buying a new outfit, to dying eggs to hearing an amazing cantata at Bethel to eating with family, tradition runs deep and I love every crazy inspiring loving moment of it!

Easter weekend started out with Quinn and I heading out Saturday morning to meet a friend and her son for a couple egg hunts. The first was at Centenary Church.  It was very well organized and Quinn really enjoyed himself. They had covered their 2 playgrounds with plastic eggs and bags of animal crackers. It was difficult to get Quinn to "hunt" the eggs when there was a slide and a swing that he had to play on. We managed to get a few things but he had more fun playing. After the hunt we headed to Jacobson Park for the 50,000 egg hunt. We had some extra time so we let the kids play at the playground before we headed over to the hill where the hunt was.  Again, the kids had a blast and Quinn managed to get a few more eggs.

Saturday evening was quite fun for Quinn and I as we colored Easter eggs.  He really enjoyed all the colors and of course--making a huge mess.  Sunday morning we got up and went downstairs to see what the Easter Bunny had brought.  He is at such cute age that he is getting excited about these things.  So we hurried downstairs to find that he had some puzzles, bubbles and chocolate.  Now, here is where a lesson is learned.  Ever heard that old saying it’s like taking candy from a baby?  Well, how do you tell a 3 year old that he cannot blow bubbles and eat a chocolate bunny when it's right there in front of him?  I tried, it didn’t work, I'm weak.  So, I said why not and we had some chocolate for breakfast.  You only live once!!

Easter day was filled with food, music and visiting with family.  We ended the day with a few bubble blowing, chocolate eating fun and then headed to bed.  I love Easter.  I love the reason for the day, that God died for our sins and rose on that 3rd day so that we would believe in him.  I love the tradition, being with my family and church and I love the new memories that we are making with our son.  And if he wants chocolate for breakfast on Easter morning, I will always say, why not!! 












No comments:

Post a Comment