Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Hush Little Baby...

The other night James and I both laid down with Quinn (in his bed) to try and get him to sleep. Quinn and I started our nightly ritual of prayers and songs and somewhere in the middle of my Lullaby song, James burst out laughing. Of course we all start laughing because its funny when people laugh and your not sure why--but then I realized he was laughing at ME and the song I was singing. He said I was not singing it right--I ask you to be the judge

Hush little baby don't say a word, Mommas gonna buy you a mocking bird
If that mocking bird don't sing, mommas gonna buy you a diamond ring
If that diamond ring don't shine, mommas gonna buy you a bottle of wine (Quinn always interrupts here and tells me he doesn't want a bottle of wine- I tell him not to worry, momma will drink it). Continue singing...
If that bottle of wine don't drink mommas gonna buy you a kitchen sink. ( interrupts Quinn in his cute little Quinn voice- A kitchen sink?? Yes, now stop interrupting me sweetie)
If that kitten sink don't work, mommas gonna buy you a pick-up truck
If that pick-up truck don't drive ( interrupts Quinn- why doesn't it drive momma? Because I can't afford the gas Quinn). Continue singing...
Mommas gonna buy you a little bee hive ( interrupts Quinn-- A Beehive??!!??). End of song.

I have sang this song for 3 years- Quinn knows it word for word--I'm not changing now. Haha.

What are your favorite nursery rhymes? I might need a new one soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment