Thursday, April 4, 2013

I LOVE Couponing!!!

Slowly but surely I am getting back into my coupons. Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE couponing, but it takes time and I have been a little busy lately. (School, moving, new job). However, things have slowed down and I am back in full force.
I clipped coupons all weekend and worked on my binder. Yes, I am that women that has one of those binders!! The key to couponing is organization (which is not my forte), but if your going to coupon you must know what you have in order to know what to buy.  I will share a few of my favorite coupon sites at the end of the blog but first let me tell you about my latest adventure and my simple process. 
I get the upcoming Kroger ad on Saturdays (I think most people do, its in some junk mail that comes every week).  So I start with all the products on sale and I search for online coupons.  Luckily, others have built coupon databases that allows you to search on their page buy brand name and then go the specific site and print the coupon.  I always print 2, which is normally the max per computer.  After checking all the products that are on sale, I then check for specific things I know I want to buy.  If there are no coupons listed in the database, I always Google to make sure there is nothing out there. 
After getting my coupons printed, cut and in the binder, I then check the Kroger site for additional coupons and put those on my card.  If your new at couponing, always know your stores coupon policy.Kroger Policy  It is available on most of the stores websites.  For Kroger, its important to know a couple things. 
  1. They only double up to .50 cents, but they double every day
  2. They will not allow you to stack coupons, so you cannot use a digital coupon that is loaded to your card and a paper coupon.
  3. If you have 2 coupons for the same product, 1 paper and one digital, Kroger will use the digital.  So, if your digital is less of a savings than your paper, you miss out on that savings.  Again, its important to know what you have so check your binder and print out a list of your digital.
So, After checking my coupons and making my list, I head out. One thing I love about Kroger is that if they advertise something 10/$10, you get the product for $1, regardless if you buy 1 or 15.  So, if you have a coupon for something that is .50 and it is on the 10/$10 list, you get it FREE, which by the way is my favorite!!  I get lots of coupons in the mail from Kroger and my most recent ones were a total of $9 if you spent $50 in groceries, frozen and natural foods.  I was very proud of myself this trip.  I saved a total of 55%, which was a total of $63.26.  I was able to buy almost 2 weeks worth of groceries for our family for right at $50.  That's $25 a week for a family of 3 to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner. 
All This for $50
Now, this is where I talk about smart and not extreme.  I did not go crazy at the store.  i did not buy things that I did not need or would not buy.  I bought milk, juice, meat, t-paper, etc.  It was a smart trip.  But don't get me wrong, I have been a little "extreme" and will continue if its a great deal.  For instance, I have not paid for toothpaste in over 2 years, I have a stock pile of shampoo, hand soap, pasta and cereal that I have paid less than .50 a piece or, like the pasta, was paid to buy.  (I got $.05/box on the pasta back).  Note: you can freeze lots of items.  I once had about 20 boxes of cereal in my deepfreeze.  I just laid the boxes in there and pulled them out as needed.  Now, I am not picky on my brands, so if its free, I am using it!! 

Look for clearance items.  This pizza was marked down and had a peelie on it for a free Coke product.  Great savings!!

If your interested in starting or have some hints on saving, please feel free to share below. 

My small savings allows me and my family to play a little more and worry a little less.

Here are a few sites you can visit to get started:



My Binder.


Savings for todays shopping trip

No comments:

Post a Comment