Tuesday, April 23, 2013

If You don't have anything nice to say...Pray!!

Seems like the older I get the more sensitive I am and I get my feelings hurt so easy. In the past few weeks I have allowed others to "hurt" my feelings--professionally and personally. I do not like confrontation, so I tend to vent, to the less than a handful of people I trust to keep my venting to themselves, and move on. But there are days where I just want to scream and give someone a piece of my mind. I am reminded of that old saying "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all". So I am learning to say as little as possible to those that hurt me, I pray to let the hurt go and then try move on. But I am human, and it is hard to forgive and forget. So I will continue to try and focus on what I am thankful for. I will not allow these sad, lonely, angry people to take away my peace, happiness and joy that I have in my life. I know I have hurt others feelings, never intentionally, because that's not who I am. I am sorry for those that I have hurt in the past. I try daily to bring joy and happiness to all those I come in contact with. I do not throw people under a bus ( I prefer to drive and take you along), and I can keep secrets. So I ask or prayer as I too pray to forgive those that are angry and hurt those around them.



" Then Peter came up to Him and said, Lord, how many times may my brother sin against me and I forgive him and let it go? [As many as] up to seven times? Jesus answered him, I tell you, not up to seven times, but seventy times seven! "~Matthew 18: 21-22

So I will forgive, I will continue to love my enemy and I will continue to give thanks to my God for loving me and my imperfections.


No comments:

Post a Comment